A validator for syndicated feeds is available at the website www.feedvalidator.org. It works with RSS 0.90, 0.91, 0.92, 0.93, 0.94, 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0. It also validates Atom feeds.The validator was conceived and designed by Mark Pilgrim, who also wrote most of the test cases and designed the web front end. Much of the actual back end coding was done by Sam Ruby.
FeedBurner is a Chicago-based company that provides media distribution and audience engagement services for blogs and RSS feeds. Its Web-based tools, including an extensive feed and blog advertising network, help publishers promote, deliver, and monetize their content on the Web and make feed-based content more accessible and manageable for its end users. In 2007, FeedBurner was acquired by Google.
A FeedBurner Blog is available at the Google website. FeedBurner Stats is Google’s analytics offering for blogs, websites and feeds of all kinds. The service is free with every FeedBurner feed and provides publishers with a comprehensive view of their audience.
The FeedBurner Stats service for feeds provides the following feed-related information:
- Subscription data (e.g. number of subscribers by day, previous week, last 30 days and all time) and Reach data (the estimated number of individuals clicking or viewing your feed content in a given day)
- Breakdown of feed readers and aggregators, email services, web browsers and bots by which subscribers are accessing your content
- Clickthrough tracking
- Uncommon uses — sites where your content has been resyndicated including other blogs, directories and even spam sites
- Item enclosure downloads (podcasts)
- Live hits, conveniently translated to your local time zone
For even more insight, you can activate the following PRO features for no charge:
- Item views
Today I activated FeedBurner for my Blog.
I assembled the following list of handselected rss-feeds about contemporary art :
- The New York Times : Museum of Contemporary Art News ; (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/organizations/m/museum_of_contemporary_art/index.html?rss=1)
- Tart Magazine : contemporary arts, living and culture ; (http://www.tartmagazine.com/?feed=rss2)
- Rhizome : ArtBase : at the new museum : (http://feeds2.feedburner.com/rhizome-fp)
- ArtsJournal : Daily Arts News : (http://www.artsjournal.com/artsjournal1/atom.xml)
- Absolutearts.com : (http://www.absolutearts.com/absoluteartsnews.xml)
- Juxtapoz : Art & Culture Magazine (with pictures) : (http://www.juxtapoz.com/index.php?option=com_rssxt&type=RSS2.0&no_html=1)
- MagnumPhotos : (http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MagnumPhotos?format=xml)
- Plurio.net : Culture dans la grande région : expositions (http://www.plurio.org/export/rss/rssA03fr.php)
- Artabus (broken link): (http://www.artabus.com/rss.xml)
- Artmajeur (avec photos) : (http://feeds2.feedburner.com/ArtmajeurLatestArtworks)
- The Art Quarterly : Contemporary Art Magazine Online (http://feeds2.feedburner.com/TheArtQuarterlyContemporaryArtMagazineOnline)
- My Art Space : (http://www.myartspace.com/blog/atom.xml)
- PresenceWeb : Plateforme internet dédiée à l’art : (http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Presenceweb)
- ArtFacMetz : (http://www.artfacmetz.com/artfacmetzneufblogcom/atom.xml)
Luxembourg News :
- Luxemburger Wort : (http://www.wort.lu/wort/web/letzebuerg/luxemburg.xml)
- Tageblatt Culture : (http://tageblatt.editpress.lu/rss.php?rssID=125)
- Le Quotidien : (http://lequotidien.editpress.lu/content/?page=12)
- L’Essentiel : (http://www.lessentiel.lu/rss/front.tmpl)
- RTL News Ticker : (http://rss.rtl.lu/rtlnews.xml)
Last update : December 28, 2011
To integrate rss (Really Simple Syndication) feeds in a webpage, different technical solutions are available.
Some rss to HTML providers offer Flash widgets to display the parsed rss data.
PHP coupled up with HTML is the favored method for showing RSS feeds on a website when it comes to search engine optimization.
Among the php scripts, Magpie RSS, published by Kellan Elliot-Mcrea under a GPL licence, is widely considered to be the most robust option, with SimplePie coming as a second best with the less restrictive BSD license and a few additional features. SimplePie is a fast and easy to use PHP library for parsing RSS and Atom, written by Ryan Parman and Geoffrey Sneddon. There are a number of alternative RSS-Libraries for PHP, including lastRSS.php, PEAR::XML_Feed_Parser, PEAR::XML_RSS, rss2array and PHP RSS News Parser.
I installed SimplePie on my hosted webserver a few years ago. The provided testscript to ensure that the basic requirements have been addressed by the server and that you have everything you need to run SimplePie properly is very helpful.
I use the php technique at the www.lesliesartgallery.eu website.
Late 2011, I prefer the Google Feed API solution to quickly integrate feeds on my websites.
Viigo Inc. develops and markets one of the world’s most popular mobile content and services applications for smartphones. With over 5,000 channels and information services, Viigo customers around the world enjoy up‐to‐the minute access to news, weather, sports, stocks and markets, entertainment, and blogs in one intuitive, simple, freely-downloadable application.