FeedBurner is a Chicago-based company that provides media distribution and audience engagement services for blogs and RSS feeds. Its Web-based tools, including an extensive feed and blog advertising network, help publishers promote, deliver, and monetize their content on the Web and make feed-based content more accessible and manageable for its end users. In 2007, FeedBurner was acquired by Google.
A FeedBurner Blog is available at the Google website. FeedBurner Stats is Google’s analytics offering for blogs, websites and feeds of all kinds. The service is free with every FeedBurner feed and provides publishers with a comprehensive view of their audience.
The FeedBurner Stats service for feeds provides the following feed-related information:
- Subscription data (e.g. number of subscribers by day, previous week, last 30 days and all time) and Reach data (the estimated number of individuals clicking or viewing your feed content in a given day)
- Breakdown of feed readers and aggregators, email services, web browsers and bots by which subscribers are accessing your content
- Clickthrough tracking
- Uncommon uses — sites where your content has been resyndicated including other blogs, directories and even spam sites
- Item enclosure downloads (podcasts)
- Live hits, conveniently translated to your local time zone
For even more insight, you can activate the following PRO features for no charge:
- Item views
Today I activated FeedBurner for my Blog.