last update : December 23, 2011
A developer who added Facebook Open Graph metatags or Like Buttons to his webpage finds a lot of error messages (invalid HTML/XHTML) in the W3C Validator. This means it won’t work on a lot of browsers.
Several fixes exist to make the webpages W3C compliant. A few useful links will be given below:
- How to Fix facebook Related W3C Validation Errors, by Victor M. Font Jr.
- Facebook Open Graph HTML5 Validation Problems, by Sam Day
- RDFa, Facebook, Validation, by Jeffrey Weston
- W3C Validation – Is it still Relevant, by Mike Otgaar
- Facebook Optimization (FBO) or Facebook SEO – New Social Media Optimization (SMO) for Your Site, by Asif Anwar
- Facebook Open Graph integration and web page validation, by Zeus